Friday, September 20, 2013

Commissioned

How often do we, as American Christians, go out and share the word of God just because we are allowed to so safely just because of where we live? Personally, I don't think I do it often enough. I wear a cross necklace (but, so do many other people who haven't heard the call of God to share His word), and I have a band around my wrist proclaiming that "I am Second" to my One True God. But how often do I share the word of my God who commissioned me to share Him with my neighbors? Not often enough. 
While we are busy being fashionable for God, there are others who are passionate for God. Some Christians risk their lives, not just their reputation, for not only wearing a piece of jewelry, but for pulling out the Bible and preaching to those around them. Churches meet in underground rooms, pray to not be killed before worshiping our God, but understanding His Will may bring them to death. Still, they're going to praise him. They're going to go out into the world that hates them and love them anyway. Here are some examples: 

  • Saeed Abedini, a pastor from Iran who is an American citizen, was arrested while visiting his homeland for being a Christian. His story, from what I have read, is amazing. I've gathered some of his story, but won't publish it because: 1. I don't know what's true and what isn't, and 2: it's HIS story to tell, so I suggest you look him up (of course, google and wiki are awesome), and pray for this Idaho resident, father and husband, to return home safely and soon. 
  • Winxi Li, arrested December 19, 2012 and sentenced to two years prison time on June 17, 2013 in Xiaodian district of Taiyuan in central China. He was opening a book store and among his merchandise was $6,000 worth of Christian literature. Even through this, Li led three people to Christ while awaiting his trial. Learn more here.
  • Dr. Kiflu Gebremeskel, arrested May 23, 2004, for his religious beliefs. He is one of probably 2,000 in Eritrea held in prisons, military camps, police stations... he is one of 28 clergymen being held. Learn more here.
Search around Persectuiton.com while you're there. Learn more about what's happening in the world we live in. Think about it... people are still sharing the gospel and love of Christ, even when it means persecution. What are we worried about? That someone may reject us? That they'll say "no, thanks" when we invite them to church? 
What are you worried about? The gun to your head? 
Didn't think so. 

"Go and make disciples of all nations." -Matthew 28:19

1 comment:

  1. Good point Shayla. We take so much for granted. Love you girl!

    ReplyDelete